If the password/access code is not automatically added to the access code field for the test:
- Manually clear the password field. Highlight the dots that appear there and press backspace or delete.
- Select the Inject Password item in the floating SmarterProctoring toolbar, see Figure 1 below.
- If selecting that does not add the password, select the Support item to open a chat session with one of the company's support reps. They are available 24/7, but may not be with you instantly. The chat will show your position in the queue.
Note: The test timer has not started at this point, so the time waiting for and working with their rep will not count against it.
- Allow the SmarterProctoring rep to access your computer so they can enter the password for you.
- If this still fails, do not just close the window or the browser. Please select the Stop Proctoring Session item in the menu to properly close the session. Then, send an email email firstname.lastname@example.org with your name, the name of the test, the name of the class, and a description of what happened. Please copy your instructor on the email.
Figure 1: SmarterProctoring menu bar