- Access Panopto in your browser.
- Select Umsystem Canvas from the dropdown box.
- Select Sign in.
- Enter your Umsystem Single Sign On (SSO) username and password and choose Login.
- Select the green Create button at the top of the page (See, Fig. 1).
Figure 1: Panopto Create button
- Select Record for Windows or Record for Mac.
- If necessary, install the Panopto application on your computer using the provided installers. Once installed, select Launch Panopto.
- Consult the appropriate guide for directions on using the Panopto recorder application
Recording with Panopto for Windows Overview
Basic Recording with Panopto for Mac
- Once the video is complete, return to Panopto.
- Select the Share button by hovering over your video (See, Fig. 2).
Figure 2: Sharing a Panopto video
- Confirm that the Who has access field is set to one of the following:
Anyone at your organization with the link
Anyone with the link
- Copy the link from the link field.
- Paste this link into your assignment in Canvas. You will either do this in the discussion board or in an assignment.
Creating and Uploading Panopto Videos to Canvas from your Personal Folder Print
Modified on: Tue, Jan 31, 2023 at 10:39 AM
Did you find it helpful?Send feedback
Sorry we couldn't be helpful. Help us improve this article with your feedback.